ROOM 3 have been learning about the 4 R's
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE & RETHINK
Over the last 2 days our class has begun to make some paper out of used paper. This is the process we followed:
1. Rip up newspaper or old paper in to small pieces.
2. Soak it over night in a water bath.
|Busy busy..pulping the soaked paper|
|Pouring the pulp into the seive|
|Sophie is placing the wet paper onto the bed sheet|
4. Add water to the pulp and stir it around.
5. Pour the watery pulp into a sieve and then use a sponge to soak up all the extra liquid.
6. Place paper carefully onto an old bed sheet and leave to dry on a flat surface with extra newspaper packed on top to soak up the liquid.
|The final product|